Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could tell me the specs on this load I got a buddy loading it but not ezx sure of the fps or barral pressure. The hulls r nitors the primer r fiocchi with 18.5 grains of titegroup with 8.5 shot with. Rem drrt12 wads thanks david

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was wondering if anyone could tell me the specs on this load I got a buddy loading it but not ezx sure of the fps or barral pressure. The hulls r nitors the primer r fiocchi with 18.5 grains of titegroup with 8.5 shot with. Rem drrt12 wads thanks david

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
Please. Really.

Speak English.

Use punctuation.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Hodgdon does not have an exact recipe for that load, but they have loads on either side of 18½gn of titegroup.

Your load will be ±1250fps & 9300psi for ONE ounce.

If it is 1-1/8oz (which fits fine in a T12 wad, btw), you're shooting a quarter-stick for dynamite.

Bob

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
David,

Most guys here are good guys and will help you out. But how do you know who can be trusted?

Go the the web sites of the powder manufactures and use their data so you know if your load it is safe. NEVER deviate from the data. It is normally OK to go lower in powder charge if you cannot get the specified drop. Do not go higher.

I try to stay at 8000-9500 psi on 12 ga loads. High pressure is not needed for higher velocity if you use the appropriate powder.

Be safe,

Don Verna

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
As was said before....don't trust what you read here!

Titegroup is a pistol powder!

Tightwad is a shotgun powder!

Go to the Alliant website and look at Herco or Unique loadings for the 1300 velocity.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ahab,

Titegroup is also a 12 gauge powder for both 1 oz and 1 1/8oz loads. If you don't believe me just go to Hodgon's website and take a look.

Take care,
Rhett

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
Ahab, you have to quit dating those goats.

Pwders are not "pistol" or "shotgun" except by virtue of where there burning rate falls and what kind of pressure the loads develop.

2400 is used in pistol, shotgun, and rifle.

296 is used in pistol and shotgun.

And Titegroup is the best handicap powder going so far. That's why Remington uses it in the Nitro.

Websites and handout books abound in this information, avail yourself of it.

Re Titegroup, we use 18.2 for caps. Take a 1290 FPS Nitro sporting apart, but be aware that the public version of TG is not necessarily the same as what the manufacturer gets.

HM

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
the old guys use alliant. younger guys use hodgdons, clays, titewad, titegroup, etc.they are clean burning. check the hodgdon's websidt for data. oz

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Look for reliable published data for your exact components. Don't deviate from the load unless you know what the end results would be AND that it would be safe. In my opinion, Titegroup is simply too fast a powder to get 1290 fps in a 1 1/8 oz load safely. Unique, Herco, Universal Clays, WSF powders would likely be more appropriate. There are also several IMR powders that might do the job well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I load the following: Remington Gold Nitro Hull, Remington TGT12S Wad, 1 1/8 oz. 7.5 shot, Federal 209 Primer, 20 Grains Titegroup
Fast, clean and doesn't beat me up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.