Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here shoot B&P shells for trap or sporting clays? Are they better than AA, STS or Gold Medals? Whee are they made? Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes... They are great shells. IMO they are better that the current AA's. Can't comment on STS and Federal.

Great wad...

T

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
A friend of mine won the state sporting clays championship with them. I haven't asked him specifically about them but I assume he must think they're good shells.

·
Registered
11,135 Posts
While I did not buy any. The B & P salesman at a large shoot near me gave me the whole pitch. He told me how there wad was better than anything on the market. I ask him if it was better than Win. AA's and he told me it was better. So I said how about selling me a bag of wads. He went back to trying to sell me shells. I said how about some wads as I reload. He looked for another customer to sell to. So I still have not shot any!!! But for the prices he was trying to sell them for, they should have broke the targets for ya. LOL. break em all. Jeff

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
I use the red box (Comp One) 1160 1oz 8's and the green box (Sporting Clays) 1260 1oz 7-1/2s. They utilize the Gordon hull. They are a little more expensive. Soft recoil. No failures.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
They have a range of good to excellent shells. The upside is due their "Gordon" hull, the perceived recoil is a bit softer for a given velocity than conventional-hulled ammo. I personally still prefer STS/Nitro or Win AA over the B&P for tourney applications.

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
I have shot a lot of B/P over the years and the Comp 1's are ok.I have also seen some shooter have good results with the 1 1/8 of 8.5s at 1260. The comp. 1 at 1 1/8 of 8s at 1160 was ok but I did have some very soft loads--say sometimes 2 per case.I was not in a hurry to buy more and pretty much use STS----AA---or Winchester White box and have had consistent results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts