Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this Y model off of Gun Broker. At $500, I think I did pretty good. The wood really stands out to me. It is coming out of a Pawn shop in Arizona. It looks like they removed the safety, but I can deal with that. Does anyone have an idea of who might have owned it previously?

regards,

Todd
pix965220765.jpg
pix416035007.jpg

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It has Anton wood on it.Maybe you can contact them and see if they have a serial number match to the wood they made for this gun.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
SSSWWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTTT........................................

·
Premium Member
6,804 Posts
Contact Paul Hillmer in Iowa. He apprenticed with Mr Anton. He probably has the information your looking for.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's out for delivery with the USPS. I'm hoping to get it in hand in the next day or so. From the Gun Broker description by the pawn shop, I could gather they didn't deal in many trap guns. I don't know the LOP or drop lengths. I hope it's close to a fit. From the pictures, it might be a touch long but without a reference it's hard to say. My factory Y model fits me pretty well.
Now I have to ignore all the other Model 12's in my watch list, at least until my bride forgets what is in inventory. I am planning on contacting Mr. Hillmer to see if they have any history. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts