Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a shooting vest, want it to fit, prefer USA made Etc. I came across the name John Storm in my searches on the subject and the website has a International Shooting Vest among other types of coats and such. I don't see myself shooting in cold weather that would warrant buying a coat so I think a vest is best at this point.

I currently use a Shamrock belt, box holder and shell pouch that serve me well but my gun is beating the crap out of my shoulder. I just shoot with a light shirt and feel as if I need some extra padding to calm the beast so to speak. Anyway that is what has me thinking I want to try out a vest with shoulder pad.

Anyone own the John Storm International Shooting Vest and if so what do you think about it.

Dennis

BTW, when a vest doesn't have a rear shell holder for reloaders where do you put the spent shells in a vest?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a summer weight vest with no shell pouch, I just wear one and the vest.

You could buy a shooting shirt and accomplish the same thing?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The John Storm line is very good quality. Depending where you’re at, Mary at D&K Supply can measure one for a custom fit.

For your hulls, a clip on or through the belt hull bag will work. Bob Allen used to make really nice one. Not sure about Shamrock Anymore, but Brunson leather makes very durable ones.

Find one that opens on the bottom too.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I use one with the full length international pad and love it. Ive had three vests from storm through the years and still using two of them. Top notch gear. Rain wear is excellent too. Mary at D&K has measured me for the last few and did an excellent job. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Colorado made vest - Shoot The Moon (STM). You fill out their provided sizing form & in about 4 weeks shipped to your door. Lots of customizing options also.

Excellent quality......

Been manufacturing vests for USA Shooting & others for many years.

⬇︎Here's one of mine

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a summer weight vest with no shell pouch, I just wear one and the vest.

You could buy a shooting shirt and accomplish the same thing?

Great idea, had not thought about a shooting shirt and that would be a good first choice before spending money on a custom made vest.

Just jumped over to Wild Hare and of course as usual in the time we live in there is no stock available. Will keep searching around for someone with stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Storm makes the shooting vests for my son's college team. They shoot ALOT. Haven't seen any wear or tear on any of the shooters vests. Buy with confidence that Storm will provide a quality product.

My son's vest does not have the empty shell holder in the back so he puts his empties in his left front pocket as he keeps his shells in his right front pocket.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take a look at tag safari upland or shooter shirts . I've tried both shirts. Neither of them 'get in the way' when mounting the shotgun. But the fabric is heavier and more ideal for fall.

I need big boy sizes, so finding a shooting shirt is not easy. Orvis had some in stock, I've not tried theirs.

These vest linked here sure look alot nicer than my Winchester.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the vest but my sons had a jacket made for me and did everything online. I absolutely love the quality and fit of this shooting jacket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts