Trapshooters Forum banner

Anyone making shot in the Southout Pa area?

• What is the going rate for making shot?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please contact True blue and diamond hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Southeast Pa/ Northern Maryland area making shot?

I have lead and need it made into shot.

True Blue and Diamond hard,
Harry in Pa

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mg1polo,

I have 100 pounds plus; mostly wheel weights, dental lead, cast lead bullets and some 50/50 solder. About one half is in one pound +/- ingots.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry in PA

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That person is not the right person for me.

I am looking for a 70/30 split for my lead into shot.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry in PA

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I make shot and I get half. But 100 pounds of not totally unclean lead almost isnt worth me doing it. 70/30 good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,908 Posts
I have dealt with a gentleman in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. He is most professional in his shot making.

He does 50/50 for 'prepared lead' (i.e., ingots) - I forget if it is 60/40 or 70/30 for 'raw lead.'

There is much more work in the prep of the ingots than there is in the manufacturing of the shot (once the shot maker is set up and running correctly). Quite honestly 100 pounds of lead is nothing.

The first time I tried his shot I sent him a large USPS priority mail box filled with wheel weights ~ 75 pounds of lead (I had selected large ones and I had culled all the 'crud' from them as well) - I got back one bag of shot. After that I provided him with prepared ingots - typically 250 ~ 500 pounds at a time, and I got back 50% as shot.

I think DecalDude is spot on on his assessment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts