Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any company make a gun safe that does not look like a gun safe ? (like a piece of furniture, etc ?).

Years ago I bought a Treadlock safe, put cushions on it and it looked like a bench, but they went out of business years ago. It is not fireproof though.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Does any company make a gun safe that does not look like a gun safe ? (like a piece of furniture, etc ?).

Years ago I bought a Treadlock safe, put cushions on it and it looked like a bench, but they went out of business years ago. It is not fireproof though.
I've seen gun safes made out of old refrigerators.

jack mc

·
Registered
32,281 Posts
Yes there is, but I cannot remember the name right now. The had wooden furniture mostly bookcases and stand alone closets, etc, that had secret fronts or fascia with flop doors and slide out units. The compartments were small, meaning one, two, three maybe 4 hand and long guns per compartment, but they are clever and nice looking. I saw them at a gun show in Denver 6-8 months ago. I might have grabbed a card, but will have to look for it. I am thinking they were local a business.

·
Registered
32,281 Posts
That pretty muck looks like what I was talking about, there it is on YouTube.

http://qlinedesign.com

Qline in N.H. I still think there are others in other parts of the country.

Go to BING. Type in "hidden gun storage". Will give scores of pics of options.

I have seen one more you mount in front of a closet or room entrance that looks like a bookcase, but the whole thing moves to reveal the door that it hides. Again, I am lost as to identify.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
There are a lot of disguised gun hiding items being made but most are just that, a hiding place. Most are not fire proof and very few are even secure other than being hard to see.

We took another approach. 12" thick steel re-enforced concrete walls, 10" thick concrete roof and Browning safe door. While it ain't hidden, the 650lb, 22 locking lug door, make it pretty damn secure. Of course this is best done before the house is built on top.

safe 1.png safe 2.png

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Matt, not sure about your door but some of the ones I've seen could be opened from the inside making it possible for a set up like yours to double as a storm shelter if you have the room.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Matt, not sure about your door but some of the ones I've seen could be opened from the inside making it possible for a set up like yours to double as a storm shelter if you have the room.
Yep, it sure does have an interior wheel. So far, none of us have had the balls to get in it and try. We still have to wire in the lighting(conduit was poured into the wall) and dehumidifier system. We are talking with a few companies on ventilation options while not losing the fire rating or security integrity.

·
Registered
253 Posts
along the same lines as the video posted above, you could check out njconcealment.com, again not fireproof but nice way to conceal in furniture............Joe

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I heard about the refrigerator idea, but that leaves me looking for another place- for the beer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have an old pop machine we gutted and put a safe in. Lights still work on it, so with it closed and plugged in, looks like an out of order coke machine. We tell people its just there for nostalgia.

·
Premium Member
12,907 Posts
Before the boating accident and the divorce I had one like this.

H3817-L108283623.jpg

Reactions: Devonian
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.