Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My serial # ends in NW143 which indicates 1994 production. But what specific model is it? I'm 95% sure the original box called it a "Golden Trap" but I've found no such gun on the web. And the box is ashes at this point.
20200812_115926.jpg
20200812_115906.jpg

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
First, beautiful gun. I did send a PM to Tech Writer Jeff who is on here and may be able to share some of his vast knowledge with us.

His books are amazing.

Bud

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not an expert on the Citori but I do shoot one. Mine is a 1986 manufacture Citori Trap Grade III . It has the grey receiver with standard invector chokes. Yours has the clay pigeons on the receiver which I have always assumed was a Golden Clays model. Nice gun with beautiful wood hope you shoot it well.

·
Registered
446 Posts
As several others have already stated, I also believe you have a "Citori Trap Golden Clays" model.
According to Blue Book of Gun Values, this model was made from 1993 to 1999.
The "143" at the end of the serial number is Browning's code for a 12 gauge Trap gun with Monte Carlo stock. (A Trap model with conventional stock would say "N43").

Some clearer close-up photos of both sides of the receiver would help confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
The "Golden Clays" engraving style was available on all the models.
I have owned 3 different ones over the years.
Paul in Virginia

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
As several others have already stated, I also believe you have a "Citori Trap Golden Clays" model.
According to Blue Book of Gun Values, this model was made from 1993 to 1999.
The "143" at the end of the serial number is Browning's code for a 12 gauge Trap gun with Monte Carlo stock. (A Trap model with conventional stock would say "N43").

Some clearer close-up photos of both side of the receiver would help confirm.

Thank you Jeff for the info you could share on this.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
From the two targets on the bottom of the receiver and if we had a better side view there should be a golden bird, Upland one side Waterfowl the other. Both birds rise up morphing into a clay target.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts