Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I like about the O T section is that somebody knows the answers to just about any question.

There are two old movies I have been trying to identify for a long time. I only saw each one once many years ago and only remember a very little about them.

The first was about either seal hunters or fishermen in the arctic. The two things I remember. They would blow their horns or whistles to make parts of icebergs to fall into the water. The other thing I remember is that a character
gets shot in the chest and is in a bunk in the cabin. He asks for a cigarette and as he smokes it the smoke comes out of the hole in his chest.

The other movie is a real cheesy western. The only scene I remember is to bolster the confidence of an old incompetent sheriff the male star props up a lot of already dead outlaws in a saloon. They send in the sheriff and all of a sudden his guns are blazing away. When the shooting stops he comes out and says he got the bad guys but one shot him in the.

Anyone remember either of these? I would love to see if I could track them down to watch again.

Bud

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The Viking??

The story of The Viking focuses on the adventures of Luke Oarum, a handsome but sensitive young man who believes he is jinxed. Luke is the postal carrier for the region, delivering the mail via dog sled to the villages and communities around St. John's. After he is lost in a storm, a rugged seal hunter named Jed finds him just before he freezes to death, reigniting rumors that Oarum is a harbinger of bad luck. Determined to prove himself a worthy suitor to Mary Joe, who works in the village's general store, Luke joins a party of seal hunters off the coast of Labrador in search of the big herds. Jed, who is also in love with Mary Joe, provokes Luke throughout the voyage, hoping to cause an accident and be rid of his rival. Luke spots a seal herd, and, in a scene sure to be difficult viewing for modern-day audiences, dozens of hunters take to the ice floes to track the seals and slaughter them. During the chaos of the hunt, Jed attempts to shoot Luke, but snow blindness prevents him from hitting his target. A storm hits before Jed and Luke have a chance to return to the Viking. After blasting the ship's sirens, hoping the sound will guide the pair through the storm, Captain Barker has no choice but to leave them behind on the ice and return to St. John's. It is up to Luke to lead the blinded Jed back to civilization.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm noting dating myself that much. I did see them on TV. But to be honest it was a black & white TV with rabbit ears.
Bud

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gun Dr.,

No that isn't it. As I put in my first post as the man with the gunshot in his chest is about to die he asks for a cigarette and as he smokes the smoke comes up out of the bullet hole in his chest.

I guess even as a kid I was a little on the sick side because I thought that was the coolest thing. Bud

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I sure don't recall that scene in The Viking.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you postmastertim,

After reading your post I went to Turner Classic Movies site and checked out their data base synopsis of Spawn of the North and that is it. And their store has it on DVD for about $20.

Like I said I saw both movies on TV. Spawn of the North was made 13 years before I was spawned.

Bud

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim,

Tried to watch it on veehd. For me it was a big mistake. The site said I had to download their plugin. Never did get it installed so that I could watch the movie. Everytime I tried to watch it kept saying I needed their plugin. Tried installing it four times.

Never got to watch the movie but got a bunch of crap I didn't want installed. Just got done going down through my programs and deleted every that was Nov.26.

For a computer dummy like me I'm better off buying the DVD for twenty bucks.

Bud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts