Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Does anyone know what the hourly wage is for a union carpenter in Wisconsin with about 1 year of doing the job after his 4 year apprenticeship? It is to settle a bet for two flats of shotgun shells.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dear gary case,

yopu have a very severe case of rectal cranial inversion. Can you tell me what the unit of run is for a hip rafter? Union carpenters are the best trained and safest worker in the job market. We are the first on the jobsite and the last off.

Dennis Grau
33 year member Local 525
Retired for 3 years

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any carpenter that knows what he is doing and does it well with no wasted time or movements is under paid. Union or non Union included.

Letts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Letts,

I agree but to mqany in Michigan and Florida think if you can pull the trigger on a nail gun, you are a carpenter.

Dennis A Grau

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
halfmile:
Thanks for the info. I bet a guy out at the club that a Wisconsin union carpenter made $38.00 to $40.00. He said $34.00 to $36.00, so he won 2 flats of Federal papers.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Steve when you include benefits I'm betting the hourly rate is closer to the one mentioned by you, not the other guy.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Total package and hourly wage can vary a lot in the same state.

Union Bricklayer Local #4 IN/KY....30 years

Wayne

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
Dennis, the number you are looking for is 16.97 inches. Most of us round that off to 17 inches per foot of run. Yes I'm in Florida, and Yes I can pull a trigger on a nail gun. LOL Also remember all the other little tricks of the trade after 30 plus years, and that includes the rafter tables on my frameing square. I also know I can't buy a job down here as well. I'm getting callouses on my rearend and my hands are getting silky smooth. Thank You very much Clinton (#^%*^@!%$%^)!!! Now lets do what we have to in Nov. now!!! Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw the guy that made the bet with me yesterday at a local club and I settled up with him. I have always loved Federal papers. Thanks for all your help.
Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pull and Mark,
Thank you for your answer, 90% of the people you ask say "huh".
That was my qualifying question when I had someone on a major project tell me he was more qualifyed than I to be running the crew.

One question though do you shoot Skeet? I noticed the unique call from the real old timers.

Dennis

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.