Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot this morning at one of my clubs in west central Ill. It was 10 deg. when we started and 17 deg. at days end around 12:30. It was kind of a hilarious day listening to all the squib sounding loads. One of our $5 and $2 10 bird shoots had a high score of 4! Oh yeah it was snowing too. Not like Detroit however.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Dave:
Any theories on the cause of the squibs? Obviously the cold, but were they reloads or factory loads, and are any particular components suspect?
dju

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
26 degrees below zero in Burns Oregon this morning. Decided to watch football by the fireplace.

Hopefully a littler warmer for next weekends meat shoot!

John

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
13 degrees when I woke up here in western Oregon. We shoveled snow off of the trap roof and trap pad, and had about ten shooters for our PITA multiplex shoot. This is colder than it has been here in 40 years. I'm ready to get back to some good old Oregon rain. Mark

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My son and I shot in Wenatchee, WA today 10 degrees when we started at 9:00am
19 when we stopped at 1:00pm. Fun and games sun was out. Great time no
bloopers.

Bill

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
37 degrees here in lower NY. Sounds like a heat wave compared to you guys ! LOL ! Still cold enough today to numb my trigger finger though !!

·
Registered
109 Posts
21 degrees at 0830 this morning here in St.Louis,MO.
only had to hook up 1 voice speaker,I had the hole club to myself.
Kinda lonely,but I had Fun.
CCampbell

·
Registered
507 Posts
You may want to check out a post of mine a little further down. I posted it on Saturday. It's called "cold weather info (pic's)".

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
The Wallowa Gun Club meat shoot was today 1° below zero when we started and had increased to 8° when we finished at 1:00pm.
About 40 different shooters with both the Novice/kids on trap one and the big dogs on trap 2.
Maybe one or two strange sounding shots and folks were shooting every load combination you can possibly think of. Many shot new Federal Top Gun and quite a few were shooting shells from the Remington choices. It was obvious the temperature was not having any great effect on the shells.
It was cloudy but almost zero wind and very low humidity.
Both lunch and breakfast were available and all the burning barrels were going full blast. 80 prizes were awarded, shoulder hams, bacon, summer sausage, and sausage packages....... The load I shot today was Green Dot, Blue duster, Federal primer....... no problems.......
What an absolutely great way to spend the day.............Larry

·
Banned
328 Posts
We are in the process of starting our annual Winter Skeet League here in Mid Illinois with snow today. We had 14 5 man teams last winter and shoot for 16 weeks with a big chicken fry picnic for all the shooters. Joe

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
79 at the Dollar to day club championship this weekend in 80's to hot to shoot plenty of sweating going on. It is very hot way above normal only place in the country with a heat wave going on !!

·
Banned
996 Posts
Years ago I went to Fred Meyers and there was a huge TV and a guy with a fishing pole and the line ran from his pole to the TV and on the tv was a fish that was hooked and battling for it's life and the pole was bouncing around like he had the fish on we need something like that for Trap or whatever you shoot for cold days. For practice to. Save on ammo. Design that and you may be rich.

·
Administrator
8,522 Posts
We shot today, Flathead Valley Clay Target Club Kalispell MT. about 6 degrees or so. Minus 1 this morning.Our 14 week winter league starts 2nd week of Jan. Shoot Well George

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
25 degrees yesterday at Quail Lake just south of Gorman CA. Snow, rain, the 5 shut down but we shot lots of pheasant. Colder up there today. About 19 in the AM warming to 40 or so.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I shot 3 rounds of skeet today in Logan Montana.4 0f us shot it was -4 --had to go in & warm hands between rounds .did not see anybody shooting at the trap house.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts