Trapshooters Forum banner

Anyone in NJ Use Manual Spolar with Steel-Based Hulls?

1733 28
If so, would you entertain a brief visit to see and especially feel the machine with such hulls?

TIA,

jk
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
I used 20ga gunclubs previously and it started doing something weird where it would start making a loud snapping noise every 5-8 rounds. I’m not sure what the cause but even my wife said, “that doesn’t sound right”. Needless to say, I stopped using them.

· Registered
76 Posts
Forgot to mention, I spoke to cole (grandson?) and he said this was the first he had heard of the noise. He did say it could be the spring loaded crimp stage snapping the round downwards into he carriage but I couldn’t identify it before giving up.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
Try spraying the swab with rem oil
That is a very good point. Spolar manual says about every 500 rounds to put a few drops of oil on the bottom of the swab. I am new to the Spolar so not a lot of experience yet. If I would have to run shells through a Mec supersizer first I would be selling the Spolar as fast as I could and continue loading on the 9000's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.