Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Anyone have this Mec item that doesn't reload anymore? It is called a MEC EZ Pak,
it neatly stacks reloaded shells and fills an entire box in one easy step. Gamaliel shooting supply sells them for $10.95. As luck would have it I cleaned up my reloading room and I can not find mine now. I have a strong feeling it was thrown out by mistake.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
231 Posts
To each his own but I gotta agree with Short Shucker! The only problem with boxing 'em by hand is the bottom row.I have short fingers. With the EZ Pak they stack easier but then the problem is stretching the box out enough to fit over the whole thing, flip it upside down,then as you withdraw the EZ Pak it messes up the top row and you have to re-do 5 more again! Sometimes 10 if the 2nd row gets messed up.I tried bending the sides in a little to help putting it into the box but then it just held the shells more tightly and slowed things down even more.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I've never had the "mess up the top row" problem with mine. It's about 35 years old and the finish is worn off from shell heads and primers rubbing against when I slide it out of the box.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I use one, but am going to try just loading shells in the box. Dexterity will be the problem with 70 yr. old fingers. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Not every item made is for everybody. I have one i made and works it pretty slick when i can get him to work(my 16yr old). LOL I think this item is great though for those with dexterity issues. Looks like you'll be set now Steve. Glad your get'n back into loading. It makes it fun knowing you ran 'em with your own home loaded shells.----Matt

·
Registered
525 Posts
a ole trick of the trade is to make sure the box lid is on the front of loader, that way you can guide the shells into the box by pushing on the box top, which pushes the shells back, and they slide right in.....Grubby

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Years ago I always reloaded with Mec Grabbers, as I always had good loads produced with them. Around 10-15 years ago I sold the grabber and started buying Walmarts 4 paks. I am planning to retire in January, house up for sale, and will be moving to Arizona. One day on a whim, I purchased a new Lee load all for $45.00 and love this reloader. I only shoot about 50 targets a week now and it is perfect for me. It is funny how the older I have gotten, how I have now gone back to basics.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I use 3 ezpacks on my bench with one for ones that will get tossed , another or both for either Gold or Green STS`s , this way I don`t have to stop to box them when 1 is filled or I fill all 3 then box them and fill the primer tube on the 366 and add powder or lead if needed .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.