Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a company basher I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I have a pair of Rangers where the lense tab broke changing colors right before starting singles on Saturday.

I sent a email to them his morning and received a automated response to mail them in and once they look at they decide who fault and who's paying. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with them.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have taken mine back to the dealer I got them from for nose tabs and adjustments. Needed a screw to replace one that would not tighten. Optician fixed with no charge. I live about an hour from the factory and heard nothing but good experience with them. Have you checked with dealer first?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have taken mine back to the dealer I got them from for nose tabs and adjustments. Needed a screw to replace one that would not tighten. Optician fixed with no charge. I live about an hour from the factory and heard nothing but good experience with them. Have you checked with dealer first?
Thanks...Dealer in Flordia...I am in Washington State either way they are going to have to be mailed. The way the tab broke I need a new frame I am pretty sure.

Reactions: grizquad

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I had to get new prescription lens for my glasses.The dealer said I should new frames and he replaced my Ranger frames free.I was very pleased !

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I just threw them in the mail following their instructions.

Reactions: Mr. Pump Gun

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hello, I broke my Ranger Classic frames at the same area. I mailed them in for warrantee to fix or replace and they replaced them with a new set of frame. Mine were about 15 yrs old. Totally satisfied. Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, I broke my Ranger Classic frames at the same area. I mailed them in for warrantee to fix or replace and they replaced them with a new set of frame. Mine were about 15 yrs old. Totally satisfied. Mike
I had the same issue with breakage. Sent the frames back to the Optician, who after contacting Randolph said I needed to talk directly with them. Randolph told me my 66mm frames were now discontinued and there was no replacement. Too bad I have over $600 in prescription lens and $200 of non-prescription lens as well that won't fit in any of their current frames. Yes, they sent me a pair of "new frames" but made me pay $45 for a pair of non-prescription lens for them and charged me shipping as well, adding insult to injury. So what to do now, spend another $600 on new prescription lens and have the same thing happen again when they discontinue these frames?

·
5,388 Posts
Always great service from Morgan Optical... maybe finding a 66mm frame on Ebay could have been an option...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Always great service from Morgan Optical... maybe finding a 66mm frame on Ebay could have been an option...
I did check on Ebay as well. The Optician was not Morgan Optical by the way. This isn't the opticians fault it is clearly with Randolph Ranger. I found a jeweler who has a pencil laser and he's going to try to weld a new wire piece onto the frame. It cost me a $111. If this works great. If not oh well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a ranger frame that was 3 or 4 years old with a broken lens tab sent them back they shipped a new pair in the new larger case. No problem.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I sent my 3 yrs old Ranger Sporter frame with broken adjustable nose bridge and broken plastic temple cover this year. They told me it's not covered by warranty but they would fix it for $25.00 including shipping. I had them fixed it, no complain.

·
5,388 Posts
I did check on Ebay as well. The Optician was not Morgan Optical by the way. This isn't the opticians fault it is clearly with Randolph Ranger. I found a jeweler who has a pencil laser and he's going to try to weld a new wire piece onto the frame. It cost me a $111. If this works great. If not oh well.
Not sure if you explored... the 68mm frame for Rx lenses... could the longer pins be adjusted to compensate for your 66mm lenses?

·
Registered
36 Posts
An update on my Ranger frame repair - Today I received my repaired frame. I had brought it to a jeweler who has a pencil laser. He was able to weld a piece of wire to the frame where the broken lens hook was and to form a new hook there. The lens fit well. Time will tell how durable the repair will be but it seems solid. The cost of $111 was well worth it as I'm now able to use the glasses and $600 worth of prescription lens.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well they have had my frames for a week. But customer service advised they need them for 10 days before they inspect. Not sure what they are inspecting, they are broken. I will give them their 10 days and then start raising hell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had my glasses repaired at a large shoot they were at. I needed ear piece replaced it was broken they fix it for free ,great service and nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well after 10 days I received a email they agree it was a defect (no duh) and they will repair or replace. My guess is another 10 days. Not overly impressed but they are honoring their warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts