Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting Stewart's facility several years ago I purchased a shot maker but failed to purchase a tank. I am now ready to start making shot so I'm looking for a tank. I emailed and messaged Stewart but had no response. Anyone with a tank for sale or recommendations let me know. You can also reach me on my cell 912 282 7150. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
built mine and it holds 30 gallon. There really are no "store bought" setups for this so you may just be having to fabricate.

·
Premium Member
12,318 Posts
Easiest 'start up tank' is a BIG ammo can (20 mm? - figure to hold 5 ~ 7 gallons) set into a black plastic cement mixing tub with a small pump to circulate the fluid.

Figure about $40 for the two containers, plus pump and fluid - will get you started - you can move on from there to concoct what you like...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a small parts washer and can easily use it to recirculate the fluid and also have a large ammo container but what to use to catch the shot? I don't have much imagination as you might guess. LOL Jackie B.

PS. I did hear from Mr Stewart today and found out that he doesn't have the tanks anymore.

·
Premium Member
12,318 Posts
To catch shot use an old metal ice-cube tray with handles made from two old coat hangers. Should fit nicely in the bottom of the ammo can.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It makes sense to use 2-20mm ammo cans sitting in a plastic concrete mixing tub, with a circulating pump to move the liquid from the tub to the can. The shot falls into the can and gradually fills it up. When it is full enough, replace it with the second ammo can. You then empty the first can's liquid into the tub, and the shot into a 5-gal plastic container. Then, you are ready to do it all over again.

Jack

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have a Stewart tank which side is notched 1 inch for the inset of the actual shotmaker for the shot to drop into the tank. I think it would be opposite of the rail to catch drippings as you remove shot. ?? Jackie B.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Low tech for me, 20mm Ammo can. I fabcated my own catch basket out of some wire and 3/8's square tube. Overflow goes into a large Home Depoe plastic tub. I pump the coolant back into the can with a battery powered hand pump (Northern Tool $20) when I empty the catch basket. It never over heats, or gets to hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts