Trapshooters Forum banner

Anyone going to the "Big Yak event Sept 18 and 19?

641 8
Just curious. It's a PITA event. I've never been to a registered event, and I was thinking about making this my first

Michael
Reactions: citoriplus
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be there. One of the best shoots in Washington.

Greg
Any tips for a newcomer? If I can swing it I'll probably arrive early Sat am to register and shoot the 16 yard events - then shoot the two 16 yard events Sunday before heading home.

· Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll pass on what Al Ljutic told me when I first shot Yakima.
Try and shoot on an early squad, the wind has a habit of showing up later in the day.:)
With my current average it's unclear if the wind is a help or a hinderance :D

Reactions: Ajax

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I am an ATA guy, but have shot the spring Yak. They do a pretty good job. My only advice is to shoot the bird.

Reactions: Trap206

· Registered
2,071 Posts
I am an ATA guy, but have shot the spring Yak. They do a pretty good job. My only advice is to shoot the bird.
And the club is actually south of town in paloma? My spelling is horrible, sorry dyslexic. Anywho it ijust off the river south of town 10 to 15 miles. Weather sounds perfect, for me it was a coin toss between there and Grangeville. But Idaho is closer and they don't make you wear masz. Take it in, shoot, flush when you hear lost, and come back Sunday. It gets better. My first shoot was as smooth as 80 grit. There is a lot of good shooters in PITA. You will not run 100 your first shoot. No one cares but you. Relax, have fun, and laugh on the way home. Key thing is don't get discouraged.

Reactions: Ajax and Trap206
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.