Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,876 Posts
yep, I bought a browning xt last year, tried everything in the book, would have been better batting the clays .sold it ,went back to my 682,more happy

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
There are many shooters from a lot of different clay target disciplines that have thought the same thing and of course there a lot of us who just plain like shotguns and try just about anything :)

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
Yes, Blaser F3

can't shoot it to save my life. Went back to my Browning and recently bought a Ljutic. Going to try that out. So far so good.

Also what grntitan said. I would be everyone on here has!

·
Registered
21,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean REALLY not be able to shoot it......like a strong class A and shoot a 149X 200. Wouldn't a 90T HPAR seem a close facsimile to a 3200 with Baker unsingle. ?

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I went from a high B to a low C class in a matter of about 9 months, and that was through a winter when i wasn't shooting much. Went back to my Browning and am now a High B, probably finish this target year as a low A if things keep progressing. So YES, I think that was bad.

I don't know what your issue is, but mine I think was I could not get the Blaser to shoot low enough POI for my shooting style.

Hope you figure your issue out, as I hope my newest gun keeps me hitting the birds.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I've stuck with my Mossberg bolt action for 50 years. Never wanted to switch...except during a couple of doubles shootoffs at the Grand.

·
Registered
21,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went from a high B to a low C class in a matter of about 9 months, and that was through a winter when i wasn't shooting much. Went back to my Browning and am now a High B, probably finish this target year as a low A if things keep progressing. So YES, I think that was bad.

I don't know what your issue is, but mine I think was I could not get the Blaser to shoot low enough POI for my shooting style.

Hope you figure your issue out, as I hope my newest gun keeps me hitting the birds.

Good Luck
I only changed guns because the 3200 started having light hammer strikes/misfires. (was having a hard time missing even from 27 till this started, I sure didn't WANT to change guns LOL ) Took it to Timney's house myself, sent it to Laib's and had ALL update's done , and various others. Never could get it to not be a crapshoot with any and all ammo.
So thought a HPAR would be a good choice. Couldn't have been more wrong.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I only changed guns because the 3200 started having light hammer strikes/misfires. (was having a hard time missing even from 27 till this started, I sure didn't WANT to change guns LOL ) Took it to Timney's house myself, sent it to Laib's and had ALL update's done , and various others. Never could get it to not be a crapshoot with any and all ammo.
So thought a HPAR would be a good choice. Couldn't have been more wrong.
Well the first step in getting help, is admitting you have a problem. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
every trapshooter on the planet has done just that same thing, Shot a PITA shoot in Arizona with an old style MX8
shoot a 100 in singles , a 100 in doubles, and a 98 from the 27 some years back, decided I need a new MX2000
spent 17,000 on the combo and an extra set of 34 inch o/u barrels and a 1700 precission trigger couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Never could make it feel right to me. Hell ain't the first money I ever blowed.

Mac

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
If the guns measure the same and are set up the same, then why would they shoot different? I know about the balance and swing dynamics but if you are doing your job there should be no drastic difference.

·
Registered
21,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the guns measure the same and are set up the same, then why would they shoot different? I know about the balance and swing dynamics but if you are doing your job there should be no drastic difference.
Exactly what I thought......

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
Only if I know, for sure, that the old gun can't take me to the next level.

With me it was a change from a BT99 and a mechanical triggered Broadway to an Mx8 combo because the point ability and the trigger was quite a bit better in the Perazzi.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts