Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got renewal notice for our premium spot at the grand. Back in June we were asked if we wanted a refund or roll it over to next year because of the grand being cancelled, we said roll it over. SO I checked with Julie, she tells me my lease was with IDNR and for 2021 my lease will be with ATA plus it went up $500. So yet to see if they are going to try and jip me out of a year. Greedy

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Before we start bashing. This makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Why would a state owned facility all of a sudden give up camping rights up to the ATA?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I’ve dealt with the ATA for several years now. If Illinois shut down the facility I would get my refund from the ATA...At least that’s what I was told. Have received no notification yet but I also told them to roll it over to 2021.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Before we start bashing. This makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Why would a state owned facility all of a sudden give up camping rights up to the ATA?
Did IL decide to transfer more responsibility to ATA and in doing so negotiate a new revenue sharing agreement?

Just speculation as I have less than zero first hand experience.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If I remember right, when the original 5 and 10 year leases expired, you were given the option to deal with the ATA or Illinois. Maybe that is difference ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure but someone has their wires crossed here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't camp there so I am just a spectator here, but is the Grand even going to be in Sparta again in 2021? I have heard rumors that it is likely going to be at the MTA in Linn Creek again. Maybe they are trying to get you to commit to the spaces then announce that they were not hosting the Grand there again.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Not sure but someone has their wires crossed here.
Yep, I was crossed up. I looked back at my records and I got my camping spot a few years ago with Emily at ATA. Not sure why I got that confused with the State.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
something is very strange here when I further press the issue I get this response:

On Monday, October 12, 2020, 02:04:00 PM CDT, Julie Hanks <[email protected]> wrote:

No your lease has expired with the IDNR.

You now have the option to lease with the ATA for the 2021 Grand American. Payment and form must be post marked no later than December 31st to confirm your site.

If you received a response from me about rolling it over it was an error. I apologize for the error.

The ATA CANNOT roll over any payments or refund any payments on IDNR leases.

Thanks,
Julie

So All of my camping intent of use and correspondence has been with all ATA email addresses over the years not IDNR. But yet she says I had a lease with IDNR, Ill have to have my wife pull the paperwork out and see who we paid etc.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so I have left messages with the Number Julie gave me i left message at INDR home office and so far all I hear are crickets. Just love this state bastards will steal from anyone and it's lovely the way the ATA is ducking the issue also.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Probably by the time the Grand rolls around next year I suspect that everyone in Illinois will still be wearing mask and the big fat ass governor will still have the state under quarantine like he gives a damn about the people. Illinois is in my opinion as compared to North Korea will soon be considered
The Hermit State!
I have a feeling that we might have seen the Last Grand in Illinois already.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The way I understand it is the ATA handles the Grand camping but the IDNR handles all other camping at the complex.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts