Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Citori XT
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy fishing as much as I do hunting and clay target shooting and really enjoy both open water and hardwater fishing. Downrigging is my favorite open water type fishing and ice fishing I like going for trout, especially shallow water rainbows and brookies and potentially big northern pike.

Food Mouth Jaw Tooth Finger
Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Outdoor recreation Fish Fish products
Glasses Cloud Water Sky Vertebrate
Smile Crocodile Fisherman Wildlife biologist Alligator
Sky Cloud Snow Glove Outdoor recreation
Smile Military camouflage Outdoor recreation Fisherman Fish
Hat Sleeve Helmet Personal protective equipment Fish
Glasses Water Vertebrate Sky Smile
Personal computer Output device Laptop Netbook Gadget
Fish Marine biology Fin Tail Salmon-like fish

·
Registered
9,098 Posts
DuckNut sort of is...

More for fingers than for fish (fish fingers??)
I am disappointed in you. I shared my secret of how not to get fish slime on your hands with you in secrecy and you shared it with the world. I am so distraught right now. 😂

I grew up fishing trout, salmon and steelhead. After I became proficient with the Zebco 303 I graduated to the fly rod. I have caught virtually all freshwater species on the buggy whip nd many different species of salties.

In the spring all you need to do to find me is to look for me on the bow of my boat fishing for tarpon.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
I am disappointed in you. I shared my secret of how not to get fish slime [emphasis added] on your hands with you in secrecy and you shared it with the world. I am so distraught right now. 😂

Oh... you were talking about FISH slime... I thought you were talking along the lines of the 'beaver pounding' thread... My bad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like a serious rod...
Thanks, it's a recreation of a Payne 100 bamboo rod. I build it about 5 years ago. A guy in Utah made the blank and I finished it with a nickel/silver reel seat, furrels, stripping guide, and silk windings. It definatly a caster with plenty of backbone for fighting larger fish. Wild Pa brookies and browns stand little chance.

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
Thanks, it's a recreation of a Payne 100 bamboo rod. I build it about 5 years ago. A guy in Utah made the blank and I finished it with a nickel/silver reel seat, furrels, stripping guide, and silk windings. It definatly a caster with plenty of backbone for fighting larger fish. Wild Pa brookies and browns stand little chance.

I have a collection of old English bamboo rods - slowly picked up in the UK over the years. These are the 'slow growth' Chinese bamboo that every rod maker still covets. (Yeah, I know - I never thought bamboo grew slowly...)

I have been in talks with Golden Witch about trading for one of their one-piece 6'2" bamboo PA trout rods...

Throw a J Ryall reel on it and off to the races on the tiny streams here in PA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a collection of old English bamboo rods - slowly picked up in the UK over the years. These are the 'slow growth' Chinese bamboo that every rod maker still covets. (Yeah, I know - I never thought bamboo grew slowly...)

I have been in talks with Golden Witch about trading for one of their one-piece 6'2" bamboo PA trout rods...

Throw a J Ryall reel on it and off to the races on the tiny streams here in PA.
The reel seat and stripping guide are from Golden Witch. I dont live to far from them...nice folks. I thought they went out of business.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts