Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not ciy squabs but corn fed country birds.

Good eating?

How do you cook them?

Are they any different from Doves?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I ate some in Hong Kong.....but the locals ate the heads, beaks and feet!!! I wasn't THAT hungry!

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are really no different than doves! What I do is soak a water-chestnut and place it along the breastbone. Use a pre-cooked bacon to wrap around the breast and water-chestnut while using a tooth pick to hold this in place. Cook on the grill about 3 minutes per side and then remove. My kids eat the bacon and I usually eat the chestnut. This keeps the breast moist and flavorful!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Their definitely is a difference between a pigeon and a dove. No difference in how you cook them but definitely in how they taste. Pigeons are alot tougher than doves, and they have a little different flavor, but other than that pigeons are fairly decent. I shot alot of them this year, since their were more of them than doves.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In an economy like we are currently experiencing,

Pigeon becomes the "other white meat"

Lets hope not !

Chris

·
Registered
593 Posts
We never ate them, but my mom says that there was a man who wanted my dad to bring them home from the shoots for him. He put them in a spaghetti sauce. Kim

·
Registered
102 Posts
The way that I fix them is to soak the breasts in milk for 5 or 6 hrs in fridge. Prepare a lb or 2 of pasta and gravy, rinse the birds place them in the pasta and bake it @350 degrees covered for 3 hrs, uncover for 15 mins. and enjoy. Good eats. Fran

·
Registered
366 Posts
Harry the Hammer enjoys dining on a pidgeon once in a while. Says his taste buds lean more toward all orange White Flyers but he will down a few black rims now and then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.