Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone duplicating remington

Is anyone duplicating the Nitro 27 load? I haven't located data for a 1 1/8 oz. 1235fps in a Remington hull.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Original factory nitro 27, 21.7 gr. International clays, all Rem, primers, fig-8 wads STS hulls, 1255 fps, 9100 pressure newer Nitro 27 18.5 gr. Tite-group powder, all Rem components tgt-12 wad , 1235 fps, incinerate em!

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Rem. hull - Rem fig 8 wad - win. 209 primer - 23.3 gr Hodgdon Universal - 1 1/8 oz of Mag 7 1/2's = 1235 fps. I even think this load is less recoil than the original from Remington.

The powder load is in between published data but I had called Hodgdon and it is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't go over the Max load published. The rep stated you could figure your speed by calculating the grains in between published data and adding them up to the desired speed.

Bill

·
Banned
155 Posts
If you use a DR XL-1 it will run 15 to 20 fps faster than the OEM RT12. The DRRT12 is faster than the OEM and a tick slower than the XL-1 green. With no problem with chamber pressure.

Sorry I have spent many hours playing with this load in the ballistic lab.

Kevin @ 402-463-3145

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,385 Posts
Thanks for the info Kevin, that's the kind of posts we need more of on this site. Harv

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,385 Posts
Thanks for the info Kevin, that's the kind of posts we need more of on this site. Harv

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I had trouble following the Thread here.......not surprising!! So what was decided here for the Handicap load? International Clays, Universal Clays, IMR-PB, or was it Green Dot. I guess they all work!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I had trouble following the Thread here.......not surprising!! So what was decided here for the Handicap load? International Clays, Universal Clays, IMR-PB, or was it Green Dot. I guess they all work!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I started a thread about this last week. My search finally led to me International Clays, which was the original powder used by Remington in the Nitro 27 shell. There are several powders mentioned that will get you there and after using most of them I settled on the IC for several reasons.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Just curious---I only use Red-Dot---Can't I get to the same result? I don't want to have different types of powder---RD has always treated me great over many yrs----Thanks for a reply----SJB

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Alliant does not show a 1235 only 1250 and using same factory components use 21 Grs Green Dot gives 1250fps'

Green Dot is known for a tight pattern.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
southjblue.......I looked on the Alliant website and the fastest load I could find for Red Dot was 1200fps.

Anything over that would be concidered unsafe in my opinion.

Bill

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
George, Alliant will give you the answer to your Red-Dot question, it will be Bills answer too. The top of the Red-Dot chain, as great a powder as it is, stops at 1200 fps for safe chamber pressures.

If your wanting a 1-1/8th ounce load at a bit more than that, Green-Dot is next in line with Alliant powders and will get your load there, safely.

Hap

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Thanks Hap----For yrs I'v used RD even back at the 27yd and would smoke tgts

I'm not near there anymore but play back there at times----I did note Kayhoes using the Rem nitro @ the 27---Tells me something----George

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.