Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd ask... always good to find out who's local (you never know when you want to find a new hunting partner).

//and to be fair... most of the folk I usually go with have seriously flaked out on me this season

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Upland or deer??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upland mostly.

Deer haven't done anything to me as of late, so I'll let others harvest them. I mostly shoot them with a camera now.

(though I do have a 460VXR I've been wanting to take hunting)

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
I haven't been out bird/bunny hunting since I had to put my dog down - three years now.

My son and friends are after me to get another - not sure what I'll do yet. I do miss her every day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's actually an awesome looking hound puppy on either the Delco or Chesco SPCA Facebook page. He's up for adoption.

I'm in the process of attempting to train my first gundog (Heinz 57 hound). I'm always open to advice, or to help provide a puppy fix if you need one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told that "Game Dog" is a must read as well, and provides a different view on his training methods.

I'm also working her with Pheasant Valley Farms. She seems to take to it with unholy glee.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I took a 3 hour drive east the end of October, hunted grouse around Cabelas. Moved a few birds, but none were harmed. Hoping to try again Christmas eve before heading to my parents for dinner and church.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You want a copy of "Gun Dog" by Richard A. Wolters. He also wrote a book "Game Dog" which I have not read.

His teachings will save you hours if not days of work.

Gun Dog: Revolutionary Rapid Training Method
Thank you for suggestions. I just ordered both. I need a little help with Lily as she only runs on instinct. Sorry to hear about your loss. It's heartbreaking to lose one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts