Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
    Is anyone buying guns ??   I,v seen some good deals on this site .  Nice Silver Seitz guns in the $9,000 dollar range .   Some nice Perazzis at a fair price amd Krieghoffs to .  But very little buying anyone pick up a new gun lately .    I seen the local club sold some nice new guns but also a lot of lookers .

ALF

·
Registered
570 Posts
The winter is a bad time to sell gun, I know a lot of poeple looking for deals, A lot of people on trapshooters are asking almost new price for used guns, this is a buyers market!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have put my Silver Seitz on here a time or two with little response . I think guys are being cautious about spending money at this time . Maybe the spring it will pickup ??

ALF

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I have bought a few, not trap guns though. I jumped on the AR15 market before it went crazy Stag model 2 post ban 849.00, smith and wesson AR 15 tactical post ban 1200.00, Stag post ban upper with stock and lower parts kit 599.00. Right now the AR industry is way behind, also many not produceing the post ban models. the S&W I bought used unfired and will go to the back of the safe. If you could find one they are 1500+ right now. Here in mass anything preban is 1500.00 or better and now isat least 14years old, personally I dont get it, who needs bayo lugs and flash surpressor or a granade launcher. Same goes for the AKs through the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I just bought a rifle in the past two weeks.

Will someone tell me what mtg is trying to say in the second post above ???

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
OK buddy, I'll cipher for you.

"Yes but most of the guns i see thy wont new price."

Yes, but, most of the used guns I see, they want new price for them.

There, now, did you get that rifle trigger fixed er what? Hope I helped some? :)

Hap

·
Registered
7 Posts
I should have Sid a used gun. shipping and transfer fee you can go to your local gun shop and bay a now gun.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I already have 10 or so Trap Guns, a couple of Sporting Clays guns anda myriad of hunting types plus handguns.....so what did I do?

This past summer, I bought the Remington 11-87 XCS Super Magnum Waterfowler (even though I only use 2-3/4" HD's). Did I need it? No! But I bought it and have used it for ducks/geese this season and it has worked great.

Will I buy another gun? Yes! It may be a trap gun and it may be a Seitz or an Infinity....haven't decided yet.

Curt

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
It is certainly not a buyers market on the colloctor forum. I think once you hit the 5 grand mark for a trap gun you already weeded out 75 per cent of your buyers and maybe 90 per cent. JMHO, Bill

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
grnberetcj, Everyone needs a small pond gun, a big pond gun, a river gun, a field Goose gun, a pheasant gun, a grouse gun, a five stand gun, and a sporting gun. And of course, how do you know what trap gun is the right one unless you experiment? Then you get into small gauges. Anyway, that's how it was explained to my wife.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have bought and sold a couple of shotguns and may buy a Rock River carbine. What I really want is a LH Seitz with 35" adjustable rib. I figure if I am patient one will come along.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought a high dollar used Kolar from Bob Schultz Target Shotguns last week. After contacting several sellers on this forum in the past several weeks about their Kolars for sale, Bob was far and away the most helpful and went out of his way to make the deal for me.

May have purchased one from a member here but most replies were rather terse and offered little in the way of information. In short, I wasn't convinced that they actually wanted to sell their guns. Either that or they need some basic salesmanship skills to close the deal.

Bob Schultz is awesome to deal with and I highly recommend him if you're looking for a new, or used, shotgun!

Rich

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just waiting for all the folks who have been over buying the black guns. Just like 09\11\01 about March or April I'll buy the deals. Not shotguns for now, too many of the others will be available soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.