Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did even know they were still alive, let alone still touring. My wife and I are going to see them this Sunday in Escondido.

If you see us at the show, stop by and say "hi".

·
Registered
731 Posts
look at the folks in the background, on the left side some bad saggy boobees. I'm thinking the tyetie was put on for the photo op. it is so wrong

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I remember that they were taken off the air for being too risque', if that is believable. Also too political. Pat Paulson was the best thing on their show, other than some of their songs.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Nixon went after them, as they were high on his "enemies" list. I can't remember the venue, but they did a guest appearance on someone's show a few years later, and were asked about it. Tommy flashed his trademark little smirk and said: "Yeah, but Nixon got his".

Paulson did his Presidential campaign routine and called himself the dark horse candidate ...."like a black Mustang getting run over on the freeway" .....mike

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I loved their routine on the Grace L. Fergonson Economy Airline and Storm Door Company.

Their flagship was the DC-1.

In the spirit of true economy travel, they did away with all frills like RADAR, pilot training and maintenance. Grace even weighed all baggage on a bathroom scale.

Ed Ward

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
ysr,

I was sitting in the audience and Donovan stood next to me and sang "Mellow Yello". I played the part of looking interested.

And, that is the extent of my television career. lol.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
From looking at the picture...it's apparent that "somebody took alot of trips...and never left home"!!

Great photo though....

Curt

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
"I loved their routine on the Grace L. Fergonson Economy Airline and Storm Door Company"

That's a classic Bob Newhart bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.