Trapshooters Forum banner

Anybody reload these?

1760 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  320090T
I was gifted several thousand of these. Looks like a good place to use up some Fiocchi primers. I would like to load 7/8 and/or 1 oz. loads. Looked around a little and didn't see a lot of information. Any suggestions for published recipes?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently there are two different basewad heights. I found this in a Lyman's 4th edition. I believe the ones I have are the high basewad at about 10mm. I saw mention of a 7 mm basewad somewhere. Wondering what the difference is in a Fiocchi 615 and a 616 primer?

· Registered
199 Posts
I have loaded a lot of the 28 ga. Fiocchi's for sporting clays. They have a larger volume so I use them for 7/8 oz load. They are good for 5 or 6 reloads before they split. I have to resize them every time and they still have to be pushed in the chamber. I use a Cheddite 209 primer because the Winchesters are sometimes loose and fall out. They are more trouble to load but I deal with it because it's easy to tell them apart from my usual 3/4 oz load when the are in my pocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.