Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody know George Snellenberger? PICTURE - LOOK!

10K views 42 replies 35 participants last post by  MLKX5 
#1 ·
Steve

I liked that a lot thank you.

hook

#2 ·
Thanks Steve for that great picture of one of our greats of the game!

I loved the story of George and Dan Orlick refusing to shoot any more during the clay target singles championships ( I stand corrected, C of C championships!)at Vandalia and were declared co-champions that year!! That was after a very LONG shootout!

Hap

#4 ·
George is truly one of the greatest trapshooters of all time, the second man to score a grand slam.

But in some ways, I've been even more impressed with George's tireless efforts to help the sport, particularly at the Michigan Trapshooting Association. George is always willing to be president, sweep the walks, anything it takes.

#14 ·
I want you to know that George reads these threads so he is hearing all the nice things you are saying. By the way George is still tuffer than nails. By the way he will shoot money, shot in a small calcutta a week ago and made walking around money. George is George meaning if you don't want to hear the answer then don't ask the question. He will tell you what he thinks. It's fun to talk reloads/reciepts with him because he has tried it all sometime. He is a walking history book of our sport.

If you every get the chance set down and talk to him but remember to speak up as like most of us he is a little hard of hearing.

Don

#15 ·
I had the pleasure of tracking down, and meeting Mr. Snellenberger last summer at the Ohio State shoot. Got to meet Jax also...What a sweetheart !

What an interesting man George is. I could have sat there for hours listening to his stories, real trap shooting history. I plan on doing just that at the Cardinal Classic this year, finding him, and taking in all of his wonderful stories of the past. Some day, we will wish we had more like him who could share old and famous things of the past.

Dave in SC

#16 ·
Ask George about target settings at Middletown, then be prepared to listen.

I shot with him there on the handicap several years ago, very nice guy and I shot with him years ago in Columbus at the El Rancho gun club when he was a meat cutter here in Ohio.

Great guy, one of the best.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

#21 ·
I've had the oppurtunity many a times to sit down and chat with George. The only thing I have ever learned is that he is good at rummy. Although that is when Buck isn't sitting at the table! LOL.

I feel pretty honored to have shot with and against George and he doesn't get any easier with age. Keep it up old man!

Fat Boy
(Matt Ski)

#26 ·
Trapboy57 has it right
500 straight with human pullers and hand set targets. True shotgun pointers. The records since then have been dumbed down. Look at some of the old averages, Larry Gravestock, for instance, model 31. I'll bet they didn't whine about targets like some shooters do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.