Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Well, I feel like I got scammed over a purchase originating here so I am looking for info to help out.

A guy named Donald Chauvin contacted me after my request went out for a Remington 541. He sent photos, etc..seemed real so I sent a USPS money order and FFL info.

MO arrived but nothing sent. Anybody know him? I'm going to have to contact USPS and see what I can do, but I feel like I got screwed.
thanks
dean

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just a thought, but, before I would purchase ANYTHING on this site from someone I don't know, I would inquire about the seller here. If the seller is well known by some of us, chances are good that you won't get burned. See David's post above as well. If it involves a substantial amount, I would do my best to make it a face to face deal.... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Somehow he e-mailed me too, regarding a ASE90 trigger I wanted to buy. I have not made any purchases.
His last message to me said he was located in St. Franklin, LA 70538

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my email was never posted. There is a Don Chauvin in LA but not our guy.

Here is his email: [email protected]

add to the scammer list as he isn't responding and nothing has shown up.

·
Premium Member
6,708 Posts
You can report this to the post office if thats where you got the money order. They will follow up on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, didn't see that in archive #2. I just got caught doing stuff I never do. A stupid, expensive lesson for me.

I sent a MO to what I thought was the owner in Hugo, Oklahoma.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts