Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
House needs a new furnace. I have a friend with a plumbing and heating business. He sells and installs Tempstar. Since he is my friend, I will be going with his product, but I'm a little concerned based on internet reviews.

Does anybody have Tempstar or are there any HVAC guys on here who can offer some first hand info on this brand?

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Been doing it for about 38 years, Tempstar got a bad reputation from the distributors that would sell the equipment to any Tom Dick or Harry that plopped cash on the counter

They are no better or no worse than the rest of the junk that is being sold today, if the indoor coil makes it to warranty they all seem to consider that a miracle, they use about .005 thick copper in the tubes, might be a little thicker ut it is as thin as they can get by with, they blame it on the DOE so they can get higher SEERs, but there are a lot of them that leak

Carrier is what I sell they are somewhat better, at least they have tin plated tubes in the evap coil, that helps slowdown the formic acids they say come from the chemical breakdown of household cleansers and other things used it homes now days

I would make sure it has tin plated copper in the evap coil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts