Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
First step is to give us the available case length. I would start with about 10 grains of 296, a thin card wad, and about 3/8 ounce of shot, with an over shot wad sealed with melted wax or a clear glue. All this is contingent on everything fitting in the case. If you can't cut the wad thickness because of case length, you have to cut the shot load.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I have loaded the Speer shot capsules before for my .44 mag guns.
6 grains of Unique made a nice light load that I could shoot pigeons with in my barn.
I believe the Speer caps are still available.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have loaded the Speer shot capsules before for my .44 mag guns.
6 grains of Unique made a nice light load that I could shoot pigeons with in my barn.
I believe the Speer caps are still available
Thanks. The Speer capsules are still available. but that would be too easy... I'll called Speer who informed me that the capsule is made to break up in the rifle and would shoot out of the smoothbore as a slug.
frowned upon at the skeet club. lol

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
What gun were you going to shoot it out of?

I had just assumed a revolver. Out of mine I got at the most 15 feet of effective range.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What gun were you going to shoot it out of?

I had just assumed a revolver. Out of mine I got at the most 15 feet of effective range.
I have an old side by side hammer gun. 28 inch barrels. I have hit 15 out of 25 with it. There is alot of room for improvement in the load.
The original loading was Black Powder with a paper or wood capsule to hold shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts