Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody else was thinking about jumping because of the stock market? Been thinking about it, but figured the fall wouldn't do much damage because I live in a 1 story home and the front window is only like 3 to 4 feet off the ground.

Anybody else?

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I'm still buying, instead of buying a GM vehicle-I bought 10k shares of GM for less than I would have paid for a new Avalanche & with luck it should double within 2 yrs. Otherwise, I would have had some very expensive wallpaper if I could every get hold of the stock cerficate.

Lou

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
This is exactly the wrong time to jump, unless maybe you are just before retirement.

Make sure you are split/diversified properly between large/small/international equities, bonds, and cash.

Hire a FEE ONLY advisor to look your investments over if you need reassurance.

Think of it this way, stocks are on sale right now at a bargain! Dollar cost average and quit watching the market so closely!

Guy Babin

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I guess knowing that we are not alone should help. I am some what speechless.
I guess we better go shooting.!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????
I had planned on buying one new Kolar shotgun this fall.Maybe next year.!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I now have this big scar on my forehead. Tried to commit the big one the other day when the market went down again. Did not succeed. Forgot I was in the basement. motordoc

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well like Belushi said in Animal House "my advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

Drink enough Jack and you'll wish you'd jumped.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Bisi:

I think jumping is a swell idea. However, it would be my intent to jump on one or more of the specific individuals responsible for this cluster...

There's a long list of potential nominees including

- CEOs of the five investment banks

- ratings agencies (that couldn't distinguish an AAA bond from dog poop) and

- congressional liberals, particularly those representing urban districts, where many of the liar loans (aka ninja's - No Income No Job or Assets) originated.

I am particularly disappointed in Barney Frank (D) Mass. who was instrumental in the scr___ing investors received without the simple courtesy of a 'reach around'.

sissy

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I get the black humor here but I also hope none of us believes in this ficticious thing called money so much that their life depends on it. It is possible to enjoy life without wealth. I spent 1/2 my life being dead ass broke and Ill bet most of you have been there as well. Just a detour, the destination is the same.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Local Ford dealer is offering 500 shares of Ford stock with each Ford vehicle he sells. Now the buyers can go down with the ship.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Market is down. Now is the time to buy!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The thought of jumping and landing on somebody like Barney Frank never occured to me and now the thought of it just scared the hell out of me. Think I better find another way. LOL

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Bisi:

The tone of your last post suggests a misinterpretation of my original comment. What I was thinking was more along the lines of openin' a big can of old fashioned whoop-ass on those clowns.

What you seemed to be suggesting involves a really ugly visual.

sissy : )

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Recoil, you're right, that is an ugly visual... Barney Frank and the use of the word "jump" or "jumping" should never be used in the same sentence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.