Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an american made trap shooting vest,i have called various dealers but they are all foregin!It;s a damn shame that you have to search so hard to find something made in this country!Any help on this?

·
Registered
279 Posts
There was a thread on here recently about someone that made vests in the USA. They looked good, and appeared to be gaberdine

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Whit size are you looking for? I have a really nice Remington vest made by Chimere in Naples, FL, I believe. Vest is new, hanging in the closet. The vest does have the beige mesh back and a full length leather international pad down the right side. It is an XL I bought a couple of years ago and meant to thin down to fit in it. Its for sale, so you see how that worked out.

I also have a couple USA made Bob Allen vests if you are interested.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Click the link above.

Chuck's phone number is 424.263.2431

Plessinger Sportswear is owned and operated by Chuck Dietl, former USA Shooting resident athlete. He's been doing this a long time and knows his stuff.

You can buy a vest from other domestic makers but I know who makes mine and Chuck's vests are the BEST. High quality, attention to detail, the best materials - they are PERFECT.

And he's a nice guy too.

If you want to see pictures of his vests then they are here - http://www.deadtargetschool.com/How%20to%20Place%20ISSF%20Skeet%20Tape.pdf

The red vest is a Chuck Dietl vest. Look at the leather pad - you will notice the pattern of stitching - this is not style - this is FUNCTION. The leather pad is stitched in a certain way to provide longevity and comfort. I wish more trap shooters would use vests instead of pouches - a properly fit custom vest is a joy to wear and an essential piece of equipment.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Before someone else points it out, I was'nt a resident athlete though I spent enough time there when I lived in Colorado they may have thought I was. In spite of that my wife still likes me.

Thank you all for your kind words of recommendation.

Chuck Dietl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.