Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been very interested in buying one of the new 692 Trap, and have posted on this forum a few months ago regarding opinions on this model. I'm always reluctant to buy something that was recently released due to quality and neccesary revisions to the original design. I've read on other sites that the 692 Sporting was plagued with quality issues and extractor problems. For all you that have bought this gun this year, have you experienced any quality issues or design flaws yet? If so, how has Beretta's response been to those issues?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
I haven't heard much about the 692. But I do know that the single barrel(combo) isn't due out for a while.

Looking forward to seeing one of those.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought an 692 x-trap O/U (left hand with 30" barrels) back in August. Have about 2500 shells through it now with no issues. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. Really soft shooting. The only design flaw in my opinion is a screw lock on the barrel selector. I have now just removed the screw.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
The 692 has a redesigned safety and ejector system. Beretta re-invented the wheel, should have left well enough alone. These two systems are indeed problematic.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I purchased a DT11 sporting and found that the selector/safety was causing problems upon opening gun ,moving the selector some ,as the gun would not fire or change barrels. Had friend install a lock screw to prevent selector from moving and as I don't change chokes on sporting ,shooting the bottom barrel first each time is not an issue.I love the gun and had a custom stock made for it by Dennis Devault and his crew.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought a 692 Xtrap in July. I've got almost 5,000 rounds through it. One issue - ejector problems. The first time I took the ejectors out to clean them, I had a hell of a time getting the right side ejector out. I figured it was just really tight. Then a couple of weeks ago I was having trouble getting the barrels off the receiver and noticed the ejector wasn't fully extended. I had an even harder time getting it out and then realized there was a burr in the ejector/extractor channel on the receiver. Not impressed with their quality control. But called Beretta and they had me send it back. I should have it back in a few days. I do enjoy shooting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts