Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday we were sitting around the clubhouse and somebody brought up the subject of statin drugs. Only 1 out of about 15 shooters wasn't on a statin, or blood pressure drug.

I guess we are all getting really old! It used to be everybody at the club drank Bud or Jack, now everybody is on Zocor, Vytorin, etc. LOL

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I'm 76 and don't take any meds. You guys must be falling apart at the seams.

Eric

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Can't tolerate statins. Entire family has high colestral, Nexium is my saving grace though. 63 pushing too much weight, aren't we all, but fine other wise. Jake

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Trapshooting is a major reason I just gave up my statins.

Tried one and had muscle fatigue. I could do laps around the house and not breathe heavy but 20 minutes with a 6 lb hedgetrimmer and I couldn't lift my arms.

Doc switched my statin. A little better at first, but 20 minutes with a chainsaw and my biceps ached for days. When it became painful to get through 2 rounds of trap I'd had enough. The stuff works, my cholesterol's great. The doc wanted to try another but, since I have no family history of heart problems, I'm just giving up the statin (and eggs and cheese) for 4 months and see if I can hold the line.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Larry, you do speak the truth.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Statins have proved to be a REAL health problem for some(me)----My Dr.pulled me off of Statins----I am now on 250mg (time release) Naicin---works as well as statins(for me),with no KNOWN health issues..

Tom(74yo)

P.S. If you have never taken Niacin------start with the lowest mg available,and work up-------some cannot tolerate the "flushing"-------I knew a person that THOUGHT,if 50 mg is good,1000mg would be great-----she had her hubby call an emergency ambulance ---she thought she was dying

1 - 13 of 13 Posts