Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if there are any trap ranges on military bases that are still open to the public. Some apparently closed to the public after 9-11. From what I heard this was left up to the discretion of the base commander. If so, I wonder if some kept the ranges open to the public?

·
Registered
153 Posts
from what i understand Quanticos is open to MEMBERS of the Quantico shooters club, and you have to have been in the service to belong to that

·
Registered
231 Posts
FORT BRAGG, CAMP LEJEUNE, CHARLESTON AFB, THAT I KNOW OF-you may need to get a daily pass at the gate, or call ahead to the range and heve someone sign you in. fort bragg is off the reservation so that is not a problem. rick zino

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
I think they still have one at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Fort Riley KS also allows elk hunting. Just about the only place in the state where there are elk.

·
5,381 Posts
I had the chance to visit the reservation at Fort Rucker, AL last year...

Before visiting the range, I was required to visit the Provost Marshal and submit to a background check and register the firearms I planned to bring on post...

The night of, I had to present my firearms' paperwork and proof of my car insurance, plus a vehicle search to the guard to obtain a pass...

My attitude was... if I wanted to shoot at their range - that's what I had to do, and after meeting the folks at Ft. Rucker - glad I did...

regards all,

Jay

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV. Open to the public with Skeet, Trap and Sporting Clay venues.

Regards from Las Vegas,
Gus

·
Registered
861 Posts
I believe there is an Olympic bunker trap range on Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA that might be open to the public. Might even be two fields. They have 2 or 3 skeet fields also and used to conduct small, registered target events there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach, Va. has Trap, Skeet and 5 Stand and is open to the public. Great place to shoot. Open Wednesday thru Sunday from 10AM.

Lou

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.