Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate has offered to take me to Hayward, Wis., in August to stay in his family's cabin. Are there any trap clubs nearby? Any good hunting at that time? It's never a real vacation unless I shoot something....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Too early for grouse / woodcock. I don't think goose opens until Sept 1. I THINK there is a gun club on Cty B EAST of town; I have never shot there - only hunted the area - with decent luck. If you're looking for things to do...take a drive in the evening over towards Clam Lake where the Wisconsin elk herd is; you can often see elk east and West of Cam Lake on the side of the highway. You would also be close to Superior Shooter's supply in Superior, Wi and a private trap and skeet ranger just west of Ashland whose name eludes me at the moment.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are clubs in the vicinity Brille north of Rice Lake and then if you travel a bit south there are a lot around St Croix Falls Wisc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is a range just east of town on Highway B. But forget the shooting, you can do that when you get home.......go after the Muskie in the Chip.......Ken Jeffries

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.