Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have someone lock the trap for you and shoot the day light out of the hard right targets from all posts. Have someone watch you shoot them as well. Are you not swinging through your shot enough?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hard rights from 1 and 2 are almost straightaways. Are you raising your head to admire your work? That is the most common cause for missing a straightaway. How do you do on straightaways from station 3!

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Probably what Larry said. Would help if you'd post a video of your shooting stance and style for us to evaluate potential problems.

Jim

·
Registered
432 Posts
Being a lefty and having had the problem which I solved by lowering my hold and moving the hold inside the left corner to where the hard left comes up out of the house. This allows me (assuming a soft focus) to see the hard right in my peripheral vision enabling me to move over up and through the target. Before I was holding on the corner and focusing too narrow which caused me not to see the target early resulting in rushing my swing crossing the hard right instead of up and through the target.

Maybe more than two cents but not much.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
You need someone who really knows trapshooting to watch you, or when you miss or lightly hit a target, you can stop and figure out what you did. Most likely you are making a fundamental mistake such as not keeping your head on the stock or swinging with your arms and not your whole body. When you hit a target well, remember what things looked and felt like. When you miss a target, figure out what was different.

First figure out what you are doing, then work on correcting the problem. Do not try to correct the problem by changing gun mount, hold position etc. until you know what the problem is.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
make sure you do not cross over target allways shoot inside a right from post one and inside from post 5

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
If the trap is set to ATA angles, there is no right angles from station 1. All targets from 1 require left lead. Same thing for station 5, all right hand targets from there, all require lead to the right side. Hap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.