Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendation

I have a couple of Perazzi's that I would like to have refinished.Afraid to send them to just anyone and would appreciate someone letting me know of someone that they could recommend for good quality work that wouldn't require them having the gun's for more then a month.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Mash on the link above. I have had Larry do my Perazzi's, and I can tell you, first hand, his work is outstanding, his prices very fair, and his turnaround time reasonable. He is great to work with, and from my experience, will take that little extra time and effort to see you get the finished product you are looking for..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am not sure how many people know of him, but phyl at glenrock blue has a wood man that does amazing work at unbelievable prices. His name is wes and he is a super nice gentleman to deal with. For his info you can contact glenrock blue. Larry.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know there are quite a few stockmakers who can do a credible job of refinishing a stock, and over the past 50 years I've used my share of them. While some were better than others, I've been lucky in that none of the stocks I've had refinished were poorly done. However, I just had a stock refinished that had been cracked when I tripped and fell on it, and I was questioning whether or not it could even be salvaged, let alone refinished. A friend suggested I try Steve Charnigo who is located in Medina, Ohio (330-441-1550). The wood in this stock is really good looking, so I decided to try and save it, and I took my stock to Steve. Talk about a challenge. The crack had to be glued together, several deep dents had to be repaired, and the checkering also had to be repaired where it had been damaged by gravel on the ground. Steve said he would have the stock done in two weeks!!! He delivered it on time, and I couldn't believe his craftsmenship. The stock is a Perazzi SCO stock, and while Steve can do any finish, he suggested one that is durable, and he said it would really bring out the detail in the wood. He was right; it looks better than when it was new. If you have a stock that needs refinishing or repaired, or if you need a new stock made, based on what Steve did for me, I can recommend him to you without reservation. J.G.Sayle

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I had very pleasing results from Larry Garroutte in Burlington, Oklahoma. He often posts here on TS.com. His name on this forum is "high2". Larry did a wonderful job, was prompt and his pricing was fair.

Mike

·
Registered
981 Posts
Rods Custom Stocks is one of the best, I will try and post some pic's of my MX2000 which Rod refinished for me this year. The photos dont do the work justice!!!

Matt Nicol
matttrapn_2008_030387.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030388.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030389.jpg

matttrapn_2008_030390.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.