Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that RemChokes and Blaser chokes are interchangeable. Are there any other factory chokes with the same threads and dimensions as Remington's new Pro Bore?

Is there a list of what manufacturer's chokes are compatible with others? IIRC, Browning Invector chokes can be used in another brand's guns, etc.

·
Premium Member
12,913 Posts
I'd check at Carlson chokes to see. They have a very comprehensive selection of choke tubes and you should be able to figure what goes with what...

http://www.choketube.com/

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: Why not just buy Remington chokes for your Pro Bore gun? CDNN sells these for not very much and they work well, after all they are made by Briley. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Although the external dimensions of the Blaser and Rem Choke are close, the skirt is a very close fit to the larger bore of the Blaser.

Don't try this at home, folks.

Edited for clarification.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although the external dimensions are close, the skirt is a very close fit to the larger bore of the Blaser.

Don't try this at home, folks.
Really? That can't be right...the RemChokes and ProBores look totally different. I don't see how a Blaser and a ProBore could even be close.

I know I can buy aftermarket chokes, but that's not the point. I'm looking to learn about interchangeability across different factory brands (RemChoke/Blaser, Browning Invector Plus/Winchester, Beretta Mobil/Benelli, etc).

Carlson's had some info (http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-interchange-guide.php), but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any others.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm not sure to be honest. I use pro bore chokes in both my 1100 competition wood, & competition synthetic, & my father uses his rem chokes in his 1100 classic trap... We don't mix & match.
-ithaca

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My reply was to your mention that the Rem Choke and the Blaser chokes are interchangeable. The Pro Bore is a different critter.
Interesting. I've used Blaser chokes in my Rem Choke 1100 and haven't noticed any problems. There's a slight step from the slightly tighter bore to the slightly larger inner diameter of the bore, but my Rem Chokes seem to have same step. IIRC, when I measured it a while back, the difference in inner diameter at the back of the chokes was, the Rem Chokes were .001" tighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts