Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Dtpac:

Welcome to TS.com. I have never even seen that hull. But, I bet others will chime in that it is a standard, European-style, Reifenhauser-type hull and can be loaded with data used for Fiocchi or Federal Gold Medal hull.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
First off where was your shell made? Somewhere in Europe I expect!

Are there several stars around the bottom of the base of that hull?

If so, I expect you have a Cheddite type hull. You will find reloading data for it, under Cheddite shells.

If it is a Cheddite hull, you will need a European primer to reload it as well. An American primer will fall right out of the hull before you shoot it. So a Nobel Sport or a Rio primer will be needed. Most reloaders who reload Cheddite hulls say to load them once and then toss them. As they are not worth reloading a second time. Good Luck and always use published data (& a scale) when reloading!!! break em all jeff

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, I've reloaded that hull before. They load just like a Fiocchi hull with the same data. Others are correct, use a Fio. or Rio primer as they are oversize and will fit the Diana hull the best. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
A number of years ago, they were available for $20 a flat. They worked well in warm weather, but had issues in the winter. They were made by RIO in Spain. I loaded them for a while, the club sold them by the pallet. If the hull sets up for a while, they will split.

There are better hulls to load. The Gun Club is frequently tossed at the first firing. They are much better to load.

·
Registered
39 Posts
  • I probably shoot 3 pallets of them, mid to late 90's. At that time paid $18 a flat when bought by the pallet. Never tried reloading them. As stated above much better hulls are available.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Im gonna throw them out unless someone wants them?I am in the Nashville area.
Why was it you were wanting to reload them in the first place? Do you usually load some other type of hull? if so, what type? It you typically load a straight walled hull, then there is no reason to throw them out. Just load 'em with your usual recipe and let 'em fly. If your normal load uses a tapered walled hull, then yes, either toss 'em or give 'em to someone who is set up for loading that type of hull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im going thru an estate full of reloading supplies. Just got a spolar and Gonna load all I can of the better hulls, (AA, Remington) should have plenty with just those. So I don't really want to load a lesser of a hull unless I run out. That likely won't happen. So, Feel free to load them if you want them.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Now we're getting somewhere. The reason to toss them is they do not reload the same as the AA and Rem hulls, they take a different wad type.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
If you have mass quantities of them and fewer "good" hulls, and don't have the oversized primers, get a UPP from Creative Reloading Solutions, and use standard primers. I often load "junk" brass to save premium once-fired hulls.

As I post this, I am loading Eurotrash 28's with the UPP to use standard primers to save increasingly hard to find AA and STS hulls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts