Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find any, anyone have a secret scoop on who has any right now? Without the super scalpage of the $200/1000 online thx

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Depends on location sometimes. In the St, Louis area I would call Full Circle Reloading. They had Winchester and Cheddite a couple weeks ago. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah. $600/5k. “Such a deal”
$3 a box or $30 a flat. Just for primers.
Expensive, but at least they’re available. Let’s hope that this is the beginning of some more supply.

I am assuming that the manufacturers are using as much primer as they can get their hands on to manufacture shells where they get a higher margin. At some point things will come back into balance, I believe certainly by early 2022.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A local place had some CCI 209s come in as well as large pistol, etc. last week. $80/1000 for 209s and $90/1000 for large pistol. Sticker shock for sure but hopefully sign that things are starting to come back in.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not on line, but a local store I found a case full of CCI Small pistol primers $45/box of 1000. They had CCI#41 for 5.56 also. No 209's but there are some out there.
I bought the Small pistol and #41's. Traded them for 209's. Now everyone is happy.
IMG_20210605_101823431.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,917 Posts
What a ripoff. Some retailers just fail to understand what damage they do to their reputations when they do stuff like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to buy 1,000 Winchester 209s at $55 from my local reloading supply. Only 1,000 per customer so he could spread them around.

I felt lucky to get them at a somewhat reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Just found a brick of CCI SP magnum primers in my stash with a price tag of $14.00. Traded them for a brick of SRP.
Plus traded some old CCI 209 and 109 primers for some WSP primers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a ripoff. Some retailers just fail to understand what damage they do to their reputations when they do stuff like this.
I am sure that the manufacturers are charging the retailers more. Everybody’s costs are up.
It’s a free market.
If somebody wants to pay an inflated price that a retailer marked up, they are free to do that.
At least there is supply, at a price.
I have paid some high prices in small quantities, because I want certainty.
I’d rather have the option of having some shells & components than none.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
If things don’t go back to normal soon I will likely sell my target guns and just stick to bird hunting. Saltwater fishing is very expensive and I can’t do both.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If things don’t go back to normal soon I will likely sell my target guns and just stick to bird hunting. Saltwater fishing is very expensive and I can’t do both.

I think a lot of people will start thinking about hanging up target shooting if prices continue to cllimb. Once people find other things that are also fun but more affordable to do they will be very slow to come back the shooting. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I think a lot of people will start thinking about hanging up target shooting if prices continue to cllimb. Once people find other things that are also fun but more affordable to do they will be very slow to come back the shooting. Just my opinion.
Yup, there’s an incredible opportunity right now for manufacturers to shoot themselves in the foot, NPI.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've been around since $1.65 shotshells went to $2 in Canada, about 60 years ago. Trapshooting was going to die, as a result.
Funny thing, Trap shooting is still alive and well..
This hiccup in the marketplace will pass.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts