Trapshooters Forum banner

Any known issues of mid rib separation on Perazzi High Techs

1073 2
I've read numerous threads where people report side rib separation on their older Perrazzis.
Some say it's due to backboring and other barrel modifications and some say it just happens due to heavy use regardless of barrel mods. So as far as I understood that's the reason why it's not recommended to shoot O/U for single trap only since one barrel constantly overheats while the other one stays cool.
I was wondering if this issue was corrected with new High Tech series? Don't really want to invest into combo
Also is this problem just specific to Perazzi or any other o/u as well that's shot with one barrel? I started actively shooting last September and currently shoot Browning Citori 725 Golden Clays with just lower barrel. Should I be worried about my Citori too?
Thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,013 Posts
I've read numerous threads where people report side rib separation on their older Perrazzis.
Some say it's due to backboring and other barrel modifications and some say it just happens due to heavy use regardless of barrel mods. So as far as I understood that's the reason why it's not recommended to shoot O/U for single trap only since one barrel constantly overheats while the other one stays cool.
I was wondering if this issue was corrected with new High Tech series? Don't really want to invest into combo
Also is this problem just specific to Perazzi or any other o/u as well that's shot with one barrel? I started actively shooting last September and currently shoot Browning Citori 725 Golden Clays with just lower barrel. Should I be worried about my Citori too?
Thanks
The older Perazzi barrels are the only one's if heard of having the side ribs separate and I've been told it will happen if you shoot a lot of targets no matter which barrel you use. Not sure about the New High Tech

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.