Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a Krieghoff K80 Trap Special Combo (32/34)?

I am getting tired of lugging around the Americase, but I have found no other hardshell case that will fit the Trap Special (high rib). The Negrini cases are beautiful (and light), but it appears the forend needs to remain attached to the barrels when placed in these cases. The forend is not very stable when attached to only the barrels on the K80...hence the Americase has a separate forend compartment.

Any suggestions as to a nice fitted (light) case would be appreciated. I am not crazy about the cases that are unfitted (i.e., require the interior foam to be cut).

I know, I am probably stuck with the heavy Americase...

bluedsteel

·
Registered
764 Posts
I ordered up the materials to build my own, its winter time so I thought why not give it a try. I just hope I dont end up with a ton more money then I could just buy one. I am building mine out of .063 aluminum diamond plate. It will probably be heavy, but durable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to the for sale threads and look under gunsmithing and colarado cases doug has some pictures of colarado cases

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Americase makes a new lighter weight version of their cases now ... The cost would be about what they get for the Negrini cases ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could not locate an "Ultra-Lite" case on Americase's web site that fits the K80 Trap Special Combo.

bluedsteel

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Look at Starlight ---- they are super cases. Been using them for years for shotguns and scoped rifles -- air travel all around the country.
The cases have layered foam interior that you cut out to custom fit your gun.
www.starlightcases.com

·
Registered
613 Posts
I purchased a nice case from Doub Hubbard. It is tough, heavy and will hold any consideration of barrel and rib combinations. I carry an MX-10 combo & a 391 with a 3/4" high rib and have space for a 4th barrel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys Please check out my website Boydsafecase.com we have everything you are looking for. our cases fit all rib and stock sizes and they have a separate compartment for your fore end and choke tubes along with space for your oil, wrenches, etc plus they are built right here in Wisconsin and are lighter than the americase
thanks
Bill boyd

·
Registered
144 Posts
I switched to a Boyd Safe Case some time ago and will never look back. Superior in many ways to most all other cases, personal attention from the owner of the company, and guaranteed forever.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,743 Posts
Bill shares a booth with Dennis Devault at the Cardinal Center, showing his complete line of very nice cases. Meanwhile you get to see Cindy's exceptional artistry, not to mention the handsome and charming Mr. Devault.

Best...mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.