Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
that's what ive heard also. I hunted at the buckshot lodge there (a friend of mine guides there)a couple weeks ago and killed way below average there. Couldnt complain because it was a free hunt but all info ive gotten says there is not much activity. Where do you plan on going up there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Hazen about 45 minutes north of Dewitt we have had some great days some slow days but always have a good time.
Terry

·
Registered
328 Posts
extreme north east Arkansas, been out 10 times this season, fired 1 shot harvested 1 duck, worse season in resent times, gave my son one of my duck boats and a third of my decoys, looking forward to Florida vacation and some registered targets in February glad the pain is over in less than 3 weeks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Going to Dewitt in 9 days, 8 guys, hopefully more birds then. I guess thats why its called hunting not geting.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I will be hunting in Phillips co., near Oneida, starting Monday 1/14. This will be my 3rd trip. Hunting has been slow this year.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am not a duck hunter, but I heard tonight that next week is suppose to be someo of the worst weather Arkansas has experienced in many winters. I have always heard bad weather drives the ducks so if that is the case, late this week, early next should be good. We are suppose to get 3*4 inches of slow rainfall starting the evening of the 9th (Wed).

Good hunting to you.

Mike

·
Registered
14,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are going to the Bayou Lagrue Lodge. If a bunch of rain comes in Wednesday, the ducks will really be spread out. 50% chance of rain Sat and Sun. too. We're hunting Sat thru Monday.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
If they are in Arkansas, they sure as hell did not come through Wisconsin, I will tell you that. Seen three flocks of ducks, if you want to call them that, from September to ice up.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Jeff - love the doggy neoprene vest. It looks like it must have been really cold out, maybe even 45?

I had my two Chesapeakes out Saturday afternoon (Rocky, not quite three, Lexie, six months). My truck said 10 above when we set out the decoys. The dogs were playing in the water, rolling in the snow, having a great time. No vests for them. We shot one mallard and one honker in about an hour. Not much was flying so we came home.

·
Registered
14,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
brdslyr, The lab is looking at that gun saying "Can't believe he brought that nice gun out here....oh well, time for me to shake off!"

Still looking fo recent duck reports in Arkansas.

·
Registered
328 Posts
North East Arkansas Egypt,AR yesterday had my trip from hell, at least the rice field was not froze, had 3 greenheads work my spread 3 times in usual fashion, guys a mile away opened up and scared them away on their final pass, decided to check out the other side of the 600 acre field, big mistake, 4-wheeler ran out of gas, walked a half a mile to truck, found old gas can, drove 22 miles round trip for gallon, walked back in, found battery dead, took another half hour to get it started,rope pulling the 500cc Polaris, thinking real seriously about another sport. maybe shooting trap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.