Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be living in Cape Coral, FL for the winter (snow bird?) and would enjoy meeting trapshooters (skeet?) that I could get together with for shooting at whatever clubs might be available (ATA or social). PM me here or email direct at [email protected]

Thanks!

Barry

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with Port of the Islands last year. As I recall they were charging $9.00 per round. I believe their targets must have gold inlays for that price.
Thanks for the referral.

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Barry, no Problem you can drive across the state and shoot at Markham Park with us in Fort Lauderdale for the same price as well!!! There are no cheap targets in this state!!! Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff,

Thanks again for the information. I'm apparently spoiled with the $3 per round prices here in Michigan ($4 for non members). Our club does fine paying the bills!

Barry

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I remember practice being high at PoI and that you could shoot registered cheaper than practice. Thought that was odd.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sarasota trap Club, Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, my wife shot trap tourney there today and has been shooting off and on there for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Travelling to Florida in the 80's & 90's to shoot. With family in Fort Myers,
I always ended up in Sarasota , Silver Dollar os St Petersburg.
My wife and I often have had seperate holiday's in Florida
I did shoot practise in North Fort Myers once a long time ago.

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Actually Barry You can shoot at Markham Park for $7.30 a round if you buy 10 rounds at a time. So that's abit better than Port of the Isles. We shoot Reg. skeet targets first Sat. and Sun. of the month. Reg. Trap targets on the second Sat. and 4th Sun. of each month and practice targets all month long. Sporting clays course is open Thurs. Sat. and Sun. but you need to call ahead to pay and get a starting time (they shoot Reg. targets once a month as well). 5 stand is open Thurs. Sat. and Sun. and sometimes during the other days of the week. Come on over and I'll be happy to break some clays with you. I'll even let you pick the game/games. Break-em all. Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only way to get "cheap" targets in Florida is to go to a public range and throw your own but not the same. Cheapest targets in the fort Myers area are at Sarasota. Working on trying to get the county to open a club here but no luck yet...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
A lot of people don't understand that in Florida we are at the end of the supply chain. Our targets come from the same factory but have to be transported 1000 extra miles. same is true of shells, shot and components so it's much more expensive to shoot here than up north.

TB

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still looking for additional people (as indicated in my original post) in Fort Myers / Cape Coral (Florida) that would be interested in getting together this winter for trips to various clubs to shoot (trap/skeet).

Barry

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pull -

Cape Coral sounds like a great place for someone to open a trap/skeet/clays facility. Looks like I'll have to devote more time to my ham radio hobby.

Barry

·
Registered
696 Posts
We get $3.50 a round for members and #5.00 a round for non-members, we shoot Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon in Chuluota , east of Orlando
Woody

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.