Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it work? Will it work on my older Droid driving smart phone? Will it have US Trust Land on it? Is it worth the money? Is it a one time fee or yearly?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have one for Wyoming. They are great for keeping you on public land when there is a bunch of private property around and can keep you out of trouble. You should pay the fee every year to update your chip. You do not have to, but as property boundaries change from time to time it is better to be safe than have an angry land owner yelling at you, or worse an angry land owner yelling at you while a deputy writes you a nice trespassing ticket. Not that I would know as I have always updated my chip, but I have heard stories of it happening to fellow hunters. Yes, in my opinion, they are worth the money.

Jim Bradbury

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My partner and I used the Montana map on our bird hunting trip last month. We got a free 7-day trial, which was precisely the duration of the trip. We'll pay for it next year. It's invaluable.

One of the best features was discovering landowners' names. Then we could ask other landowners we knew about those people (everybody knows everybody else in the northeastern part of that state) and whether they might allow us to hunt. In a couple of cases, the people we knew even put in calls to the other landowners in advance of our arrival.

They can't be counted on for 100 percent accuracy, but they're a great tool. As far as the tech stuff regarding Droids and whatnot, I can't help you there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts