Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What difference does it make, if any? I need to grab a couple of chokes for my XT and wondered about the extended ones.

·
Registered
246 Posts
to an extent it protects the end of the barrel, and they are easier to put in and tighten. i like them

·
Registered
723 Posts
I would say...try ONE Comp n' Choke extended. If you want Full try Light Full..they tighten your pattern.....I have at least 8 and like them....be aware that the 2" extension raises velocity..i.e. 1145fps wil be 1180 fps

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what I'm reading here, it's mainly for ease of putting them in and taking them out. No real benefit for shooting then - more of a preference thing. Good to know. I'll just get the regular ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Sherree, I just posted an article found in Sporting Clays Mag. on forcing cones, bores, and chokes. I split it up into 3 threads, one a day for 3 days to make it easy to read what would be a long single thread. It was written by Tom Roster who is a regular scribe about things to do with shotguns. His test methods had some questions raised by knowledgeable posters here. Do a search on cones, bores, and chokes #3 or maybe just #3 to be found in the thread title and you'll find it. Basically, I seem to recall he felt for trap games, our choice of shot sizes, and the distance we break birds, just about any choke will do but the others mentioning ease of changing and identifying what choke is in your gun are true factors....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/smessage.cfm?messageid=1061377

Here, I did the search 4ya...how's things?....breakemall....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Theoretically;

At least up to a point------longer choke >should?< make for a more even pattern due to less stress to the shot column with a less abrupt choke constriction. You'll note that most of the later model (flush) choketubes are quite long as compared to earlier choketubes. The "invector plus" flush choketubes on you'r XT are 2 3/8" long, I doubt there's much to gain from getting longer ones?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Well, for heavy hunting loads, they allow for thicker choke tube walls.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I'll just stick with the flush Briley's. Seems to work quite well for me and since I'm not a 'super' long yardage shooter, no point. Longest yardage I'm going to shoot is 27. Appreciate the feedback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.