Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice item. Gotta love that old baseball memorabilia.

A little better condition and we'd be talking.

Matt Ski

·
Registered
874 Posts
Bulge, I might be interested. I had one that he signed at the Phil Donahue show at the Ohio State Fair probably in the late 60's. What condition is ball? Send a pic if you like.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've got a 1952 Yankees ball with 20+ signatures on it including; Joe Dimaggio, Micky Mantle, Yogi Berra, Billy Martin, Bobby Brown and more. Billy Martin walked it around the locker room with me after Joe's last regular season game. I'll probably let them bury it with me.
Mark

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
The "Quisenberry Apple". LOL

Wasn't that what they called a pitch of his or something like that? I remember him well with his under-sidearm(subamarine)style.
Matt

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a Pittsburgh Pirates program from the first season at Threee Rivers Stadium. Last time I saw it it was in very nice shape. PM if interested.

·
5,367 Posts
In the mid-80s my wife was involved with old timers' baseball events... must have a 1/2 dozen balls signed by a variety of guys... will have to post some pics with the signatures - balls are 25 years old now.

regards,

Jay

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have a baseball signed by Ralph Branca and Bobby Thompson which I got on the 50th anniversary of the "Shot heard 'round the world". They signed it for me at the BAT dinner in NYC.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I have a '55 Dodgers team signed ball. I have no idea whether it is something you could buy in a souvenier shop at the stadium, or whether it is a real signed ball. It has at least three colors of ink and is in pretty good shape. My uncle Norbert, a Brooklyn resident, gave it to me on a visit to his home in 1955. Does anyone know how much it is worth or someone in the DC area I could take it to for an appraisal?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
eightbore--It's value would depend on alot of factors. Condition and authenticity for sure but also who was on the '55 team and how good that team was. As to what prices are for such i have no idea. Sounds as if it may be real with the different inks used on the names.

Matt

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I would think the 55 Dodger ball would be worth a nice chunk of change since it was the year they finally won the World Series.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.