Trapshooters Forum banner

Any 1100 Classic Trap shooters out there?

5569 23
I'd be interested to know how many 1100 Classic Trap shooters there are, and what modifications, if any, have you made? Thanks.

Porcupine
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
508 Posts
Frank 41 is 100% correct...it is a great trap gun under any circumstances. The 3 chokes which come with it are a really nice touch. If you want one gun for trap & sporting clays, this is it.

· Registered
508 Posts
Bought an 1100 Classic Trap about a year ago. The fit and chokes fix a world of problems. I have had a little trouble with this Classic Trap involving the following: drop a shell into the receiver; hit the release button; action will jam the shell upward and not close; I pull the handle back aways and release and the action will insert the shell properly and close. It only seems to do this occasionally - if the shell is "too far forward" in the receiver when the action is closed. Anyone else have this problem? Meanwhile I shoot an 870 with a straight trap stock, an older 1100 trap or older 1100 field, or a recently acquired Remington 31 TC. Would really like to stick with the Classic Trap if I could solve the action problem. Like SuperX Jeff, I tried the Beretta 391s - Ford vs. Chevy - I thought they kicked too much and were overrated. 1100s all the way!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.