Trapshooters Forum banner

Any 1100 Classic Trap shooters out there?

5631 Views 22 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  JJM64
I'd be interested to know how many 1100 Classic Trap shooters there are, and what modifications, if any, have you made? Thanks.

Porcupine
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I am an 1100 Classic Trap shooter. I really like mine but would have to agree that the quality is not what it should be. Mine is about 1 year old and so far I've had the gas cylinder break off from the barrel in the middle of an ATA shoot (a fun time when your gun won't fire and then the barrel comes off and your standing there holding a barrel in one hand and the stock and receiver in the other hand and everyone else on the line is backing away because there's still a live shell in there somewhere) and have had the receiver replaced by Remington (Paducah Shooters, to be exact). Now that I've got a new barrel and new receiver, the gun shoots fine. By the way, in the past year, Remington has changed the milling on the rib. It used to be a fine, smooth rib (like any trap gun has). Now, it's a cheap, rough, cross hatch job like they use on the Express barrels. I found this out when I got a replacement barrel from Paducah a few months ago. Doesn't bother me, I'm just happy that the gun finally is shooting.

Agree that you need to have a spare parts kit. Just didn't realize that it needs to include a barrel and spare receiver.

By the way, Paducah Shooters does excellent warranty work. Get to know them. They will become your friends.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.