Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,201 Posts
I have a late 1970s-vintage 1100 Tournament Trap that pretty much sat in my safe doing nothing until about 18 months ago. I have a pretty severe case of arthritis in my shoulders and neck and the day WILL come when the recoil of a fixed-breech gun will start getting to me. So I got the 1100 out, put on one of the Hastings high-rib trap barrels we sell through Shotgun Sports Magazine, had the Monte Carlo stock's comb made adjustable, replaced the recoil pad that had hardened into a stock protector and had that made adjustable while we were at it and installed a Timney release trigger assembly with closer button extension.

Boy, does that ever make for a sweet-shooting gun! Next to no recoil and that barrel really hammers targets. I wrote an article about it and a guy from Washington state now makes copies of it for people.

I've never shot one of the new Classics but they do look good. I like a heavy gun and would probably have to put a Hastings barrel on it for weight as well as POI. But I wonder if the forearm wood would have to be opened up to accomodate that barrel. Regardless, I think they are a good buy.

Ed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.