Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are going to keep it up till we don't have any rights at all.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are going to keep it up till we don't have any rights at all.

·
0 Posts
Those Colorado cops are getting very experienced with this. I'm very impressed with that Sheriff's performance in the news conference.

·
0 Posts
Those Colorado cops are getting very experienced with this. I'm very impressed with that Sheriff's performance in the news conference.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yah, bummer. A bad deal with no winners, only losers.
And on an ill-timed political rant, this will keep happening as long as schools remain "soft" targets.
dju

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yah, bummer. A bad deal with no winners, only losers.
And on an ill-timed political rant, this will keep happening as long as schools remain "soft" targets.
dju

·
Registered
12,467 Posts
Students interviewed about "security" said only thing at this indoctrination center was "cameras"

And they were safe because he came in with the weapon asking for a particular teachers.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
And all the bans enacted did nothing to prevent this, because the issue is not GUNS but CRAZY LOONS. Until that issue gets properly addressed, this is going to continue. And with knives if guns are not available, like the recent school massacre in China with a knife.

·
0 Posts
Timber - There is a school resource officer (fully armed and uniformed police offer) in that school who immediately responded to the area of the threat. That is no small fact that you failed to mention.

·
0 Posts
Brian, it was recently reported that South Dakota has made a mental health report to the NICS once in the last 20 years. That is one name in 20 years! We've had this argument before. You've said that it's not the state's job to decide what mental illness is or isn't. Well, now you blame the Loons. So which is it? Do we work to keep guns from the hands of loons; or do we accept events like this as the cost of living in a free society?

Just to be clear... I do think we have to accept some of this as the price we have to pay to live in a free society. I also think that the government of South Dakota, and other states like it, are failing to follow current law and some day it will be the citizens that pay the price for that willful and wanton disregard for federal law.

·
Registered
12,467 Posts
I didn't fail to mention it!! I was repeating what a student said in a interview!!

But then again, he probably wasn't very attentive to his surroundings.

He was asked point blank if there was a "armed guard" and his response was "only cameras".

So, 548 you live and send your kids to that school, I take it.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like there was some history between the shooter and the teacher he was looking for. Now that the shooter is dead the real truth will most likely never be known. The teacher running out of the school can be taken two ways but the system has taken the hero avenue, which I hope is the truthful one.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
548, quote: <i>"Brian, it was recently reported that South Dakota has made a mental health report to the NICS once in the last 20 years. That is one name in 20 years! We've had this argument before. You've said that it's not the state's job to decide what mental illness is or isn't. Well, now you blame the Loons. So which is it? Do we work to keep guns from the hands of loons; or do we accept events like this as the cost of living in a free society?

Just to be clear... I do think we have to accept some of this as the price we have to pay to live in a free society. I also think that the government of South Dakota, and other states like it, are failing to follow current law and some day it will be the citizens that pay the price for that willful and wanton disregard for federal law."</i>

Are you stupid or a liar? I would really like to know, because I never said that.

Get back to me after you retract your horsecrap. Then we can discuss the topic.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I suppose that running out of the school was the correct thing to do, drawing the shooter away from all the kids. But who knows just why the teacher did it.
dju

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I just have to wonder, since there has been Columbine, Auroa and now this one, all in relativly close proximity ot Denver, is there any possibility that some doctor, or perhaps similarly trained doctors, are prescribing a drug cocktail that predisposes these shooters to take the killing route?

We never seem to hear about what doctor may have prescribed what meds and/or the combination of these meds with street drugs (bath salts? amphetamines? mj or others). I just wonder if the same doctor, or perhaps compounding pharmacist, or particular drug manufacturer may have been involved in providing mads to these three Colorado shooters?

Of course the "quick route to fame" given to previous shooters can also be an influence.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts